The Academy of Information Technology (AOIT) is a small, focused learning community within Apex High School. AOIT places a strong importance on career readiness and post-high school success. The program offers a rigorous course of study based on industry-validated courses and the integration of STEM principles into the classroom. In addition, AOIT uses interdisciplinary and teamwork projects to emphasize the importance of developing presentation, communication, and technology skills. Academy students are also offered a variety of on-site and workplace-based professional training opportunities.
AOIT curriculum focuses on two main areas of study: Applications and Web Development, and Computer Programming. The Web Apps track centers around the mastery of several concepts in media and web development: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Premiere, and HTML/CSS. The Programming track centers around the mastery of several coding languages: Python, SAS, and Java.
This website is an important component of our Academy and has been redesigned to provide a better representation of our Academy. Please feel free to contact our Director, Ms. Teia Robinson, with any questions or concerns.
- Rising Apex High School Freshmen, are you interested in learning more about the Academy of Information Technology at Apex High School? Please join us for a virtual information session on January 24th at 6:00PM!
- Service Project – In an effort to make business professional attire accessible to the Apex High School student body, AOIT will be collecting gently used business professional attire starting January 10th. Items can be dropped off in Ms. Robinson’s office. All items will be cataloged, dry cleaned and made available for checkout starting March 1st.
- Panera Night and Insight Donation – we raised $232.48 to be donated to the Insight Program!
- January 12th at 6 p.m. in the Media Center – Senior Presentations
- January 19th – Advisory Board Meeting
- January 24th at 6PM – Rising Freshmen Information Meeting
- January 26th – Junior Class Mock Interviews